Cape May Jazz Festival - New Orleans Comes
to Cape May November 10, 11, and 12, 2006
A salute to New Orleans and legendary trumpeter Chuck
Mangione top the agenda for the latest Cape May Jazz Festival.
More than 30
musicians from New Orleans including the New Orleans All Star Jazz Band warm up Cape May venues with their signature sounds from November 10 through 12.
Among the acts, look for:
- New Orleans All-Star Jazz Band featuring Dr. Michael White, clarinet,Christian Scott, trumpet, and Juanita Brooks, vocals
- Vocalist Stephanie Jordan and her brother,
trumpeter Marlon Jordan
- Jeanie Bryson, daughter
of Dizzy Gillespie
- The Arpeggio Jazz
Ensemble, Philadelphia’s acclaimed Afro-original-beats jazz band
Mahogany's tribute to the late great Johnny
- The Puzzlebox Experiment
- Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers
- The Cape May All Star Band
- Mr. Frank Bey, the legendary bluesman himself with the Swing
City Blues Band,
- A CD
signing party with complimentary wine tasting
- The Louis Armstrong Summer Jazz Masters featuring Kidd
Jordan, sax; Alvin Batiste, clarinet, and Germaine Bazzle, vocals
- Trumpeter Chuck Mangione
- Tim Eyermann and the East Coast Offering
- Steve Kroon Latin Jazz Band
- Brian Bromberg
- Bad boy of blues guitarist Clarence Spady
- Vocalist Rebecca Parris
accompanied by the one and only piano great George
- New Orleans trumpeter Maurice Brown with sax man Derek
vocalist Lou Watson
- Barbara D.
Mills will present her blues and gospel show
- A 24-event Weekend Pass is offered for $150, an 8-event
Friday Night Pass and a 9-event Saturday Night Pass are
available for $49 each.
- The 4-event Saturday Afternoon Pass is
$35 while the 3-event Sunday Pass is $25.
- Reserved seating is
available both nights in Convention Hall for the New Orleans All
Stars, the Louis Armstrong Summer Jazz Masters and Saturday
night for Chuck Mangione at the Theatre at Lower.
- An Event
Pass plus a $25 Seat Reservation Pass is required for each seat
- Call 877-7CM-JAZZ. Tickets will be held at the will call pickup: Friday and Saturday, Convention Hall Box Office.
Share this web site with a friend!