Cooking lectures and classes at Cape May Food and Wine Festival 2004
Cape May--Cape May’s Food and Wine Festival brings together talented chefs and eager would be chefs.
Learn from the pros in their own kitchens. Each cooking class/demonstration is $25. Here are the mouth watering courses:
Monday, Sept. 20
- 9:30AM choose between Union Park Dining Room: Signature Dishes 727 Beach Drive, The Black Duck: Signature Dishes, 1 Sunset Blvd. and Edible Flowers at the Inn of Cape May, 7 Ocean St.
- 11AM- join Kyle Cook of the Benziger Family Winery for a wine seminar called “Sonoma Country 101: Appalachians, Carneros, Dry Creek and Alexander Valley in the Pelican Club, top the Marquis de Lafayette, 501 Beach Drive.
- 2PM - Cape May Winemaking 101 at the Cape May Winery, 709 Townbank Road. Winemaker Darren Hesington talks about the basics in growing, blending and fermenting the popular Cape May wines.
Also at 2 p.m. Monday, learn how to make Maryland-Style Crab Cakes with sweet potato hash at the Mad Batter Restaurant, 19 Jackson St.
Tuesday, Sept. 21
- 9:30AM “Small Bites” appetizers at The Ebbitt Room at the Virginia, 25 Jackson St., and “Growing Culinary Herbs” at the Inn of Cape May.
- 2PM “Southern Cookin’” in the Magnolia Room at the Chalfonte Hotel, 301 Howard St. Also Chef Drew Tuano of Martini Beach, 429 Beach Drive, shares his recipes for an array of scallop appetizers.
Wednesday, Sept. 22
- 9:30AM choose from cooking classes on duck at The Ebbitt Room, pasta with Chef Mimi Wood at the Washington Inn, 801 Washington St., “Cuban Delights” with Chef Walter Jurusz at the Pelican Club and “Cooking with Herbs” with Lorraine Kiefer at the Inn of Cape May.
- 2PM Chocolate Creations at The Blue Pig Tavern Congress Hall Hotel, 251 Beach Drive, “Special but Easy, Can It be Done?” by Henry’s on the Beach or “Cocktails and Hors d' Oeuvre” at the Merion Inn, 106 Decatur St.
The eighth annual Cape May Food and Wine Festival is presented by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts (MAC). For more information call (609) 884-5404.
More info on the Food and Wine Festival