Topic: Oceanfront lodging?

I've never been to Cape May, but from hotel photos, it seems that no lodgings are actually on the beach. They all seem to be across the road. Is that correct?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Oceanfront lodging?

You are correct.

Yup. In 1962 there was a Winter Hurricane that destroyed much of the beachfront / property as well the Convention Hall there. A huge bulkhead was built to protect the town soon after.

Go here: http://maps.live.com/ and type in "cape may, nj" for some way cool aerial views!

Thanks for the info! Although a Pennsylvanian, I've only been to the "local" beaches (excuse me...down the shore) two or three times, and that was long ago. I'm used to S.C., which is much different. I've heard wonderful things about the Cape, though, so will probably end up there in September.

I'm looking for lodging for 5 adults that is near the beach. The group can be divided in 3 & 2 persons per room or something with a kitchenette. Very flexible. Priority is that it's clean and near the beach. Not sure if you can endorse and provide name of the lodgings but if not, which streets (addresses)  should I be looking for?

We've never been to Cape May and not familiar with the area as well as the beach.
Looking for a beach that is quiet and not so much children.
Any advice is appreciated!

the first decision you should make is, do you want a B&B or would want a hotel/motel?  If you want a motel, the Camelot has rooms that could accomodate your group, two bedrooms, pull out couch, kitchen.  It is a plain, clean, motel. The B&B's may not be able to accodate your group, in one room. They are very nice, and cost more.

you should check out the sea mist for ocean front lodging, it is just be finished now, and ready to be occupied.  Delux condos at hotel prices, u cannot beat it or its location.