Topic: spring fishing

I am a beach/jettty fisherman and I am interested in how early in the spring the first fish move into or around the jettys of cape may.

Re: spring fishing

Normal years it is too cold to fish.  Right now temps are in the lower 40's and guys are still getting a few bass on bait and few boats fishing the rips are getting bass to hit bucktails with plastic worms or tails.

End of March most start fishing with bait and it gets better every week.  May and June are some of the best fishing till the crowds set in and beaches are closed to fishing during the day.

> CapeMayRay wrote:

>and a few boats fishing the rips are getting bass to hit bucktails with plastic worms or tails.

Ray,

A few??  I haven't seen another boat there in 3 week..LOL

Skip,  I didn't know if anyone else was out there, so saying a few covered it.  I know you have been having a fantastic winter with the bass.  When I was your age I was a diehard too.   Use to sail in the snow and use my boat as long as there was no ice.  Sometimes think I should get another big boat, but like the little boat too much with the fly fishing.  With no ramps open, it is hard to take advantage of the warm winter.  With a flats boat, I could only do the super nice days.   If they finish the new boat ramp, I might get in a early trip or two.   Hope you keep catching all winter.  It would be nice to put the boat in this spring knowing that there is action right away.