Topic: Place to stay

Looking for a nice place to stay-problem is we need it for only one night

Will consider motel or B&B

B&B must have private bath for each room

Five adults need 2 rooms

Saturday April 8th

Anyone?

Re: Place to stay

Check the B&B/Hotel  specials page  - link on the front page of Cape May Times. Also try emailing a couple of the inns - in early April I would think you could get a single night reservation without too much trouble.  We'd be interested to hear back to see how you did.

The Eldredge House offers one night stays even in peak season.  www.capemayhistoricinn.com

Two items

I called last Saturday
Two places said they only accept 2 night mimimuns. However if I got stuck call them a week before I needed the rooms and they would see what they could do

Two places I left a voice mail for a return call. To date no return call

One B&B said ok to the one night stay

Thanks for the link to the The Eldredge House

Maybe I'll call tonight :-)

Dear Administrator:  My husband and I were wondering if you knew of a little shop called Bagels, Beans and Breads.  We ate there quite frequently last summer and were looking forward to doing it again.  Unfortunately I can't find a trace of it on-line.  It was a coffee/tea/bagels place that sold wonderful muffins, rolls and yes, coffee too.  You could sit outside on the street.  It was very near the cycle rental place off of Beach Avenue.  Do you know if it is still there?

Last edited by Shirlane (2006-03-10 17:46:51)

Jim:  There is a little place called the James Leaming House on Decatur.  THe woman, Kate, is very nice and she has a cute little apartment as well as another bedroom upstairs.  THe bedroom has a double bed and a private bath.  I have stayed in the apartment myself and it is quite lovely, has a kitchnette, full bath and nice queen size bed.  You would probably be very comfortable there.  She might be willing to rent for one night, since its the off season, I don't know.  Look on line under Abigail Adams House and then for the James Leaming House Apartment.  Kate runs both.  Good Luck!

> Jim wrote:

> Two items

I called last Saturday
Two places said they only accept 2 night mimimuns. However if I got stuck call them a week before I needed the rooms and they would see what they could do

Two places I left a voice mail for a return call. To date no return call

One B&B said ok to the one night stay

Thanks for the link to the The Eldredge House

Maybe I'll call tonight :-)

We are going to Cape May in early June w/ two kids age 8 & 5.  Does anyone have any info on the "Inn of Cape May"?  I thought the kids may like the horse carriage ride but is this a good place for kids?  Do the have a pool?The web site doesn't have much information.  Thanks

YES!  I know about the Inn!  My dad took our family there every year my entire childhood.  It used to be called the Lafayette.  It's very old-fashioned and quaint.  When I was a girl, it didn't even have air conditioning, but I'm pretty sure they've added it since.  The location of it is superb - RIGHT across from the ocean.  The porches are so quaint....last time I was in Cape May, we stayed right next door at the Marquis de Lafayette, which is more modern.  It seemed as though the Inn was maybe more older folks now, but maybe that was just a fluke. 

The Inn is definitely a place to make some fond memories.  I don't think you will be disappointed.

Eileen Vester
Cincinnati, Ohio

Hello! I will be at the Marquis on April 8 too! I don't have any info on other places because I take my dogs and the Marquis is wonderful to pet owners. I don't know their policy about minimum stays. The rooms are nice, nothing fancy, but the free breakfast is super. Enjoy your trip and if you see me walking my 3 keeshonden, come say Hi!
Have an ice day!

Try Summer Station on Ocean Dr. They have two bedroom units. I'm sure you an rent one night. It's open all year.

Very nice units and great for children and they have a pool.