Topic: Cape May Surf/Jetty Fishing

Hi,

I'm coming in from Indiana for a few days over Thanksgiving and was wondering how things are recovering after the big storm. Anything running along the shore? Any head boat action? Thanks for any feedback...

Indy

Re: Cape May Surf/Jetty Fishing

Water should be cleaning up a bit by Thursday.   Action along the beach has been fairly slow, but you can't catch if you don't try.

Most of the good striper action has been fishing the rips or chunking up in Delaware Bay.

Most head boats are fishing for tog and blues, as the sea bass sea is closed.   There are a few head boats fishing for bass.   Not sure how they are doing.

Even myself with my fly and plug charters the fishing has been slower than it should be for this time of the year.  I target the inlet, beachfront and back bay.  I am catching stripers, but they are all on the small size.   We are just not seeing the normal number or the better size fish that should be here this time of the year.

Re: Cape May Surf/Jetty Fishing

Figures. I only get back there maybe once a year during fishing season and always seem to hit the "slow" periods. Definitely won't stop me from trying though. Half the attraction is standing at the edge of one of nature's wonders and just taking it all in. I miss the shore (grew up in NJ). I'm bringing my 14 year old son who only has smallish lakes and streams to fish in out here and loves fishing even more than I. He caught a small striper last year in Cape May and I was hoping he'd catch a keeper this time around. We'll see....

Thanks for getting back to me!

Indy