Topic: What is the next hot time for surf fishing?

My sons and I have really been enjoying surf fishing off the Point, Higgbee, and Sunset Beach on a number of trips this summer.  Hitting flounder, weakfish, some stripper and of course sandshark and robin. 

I am trying set up a couple more trips down in late summer and fall.  Can anyone guide me as to when a good time would be to likely hit any new fish runs?  Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the next hot time for surf fishing?

October and Novemeber is a good time to fish.  More baitfish around and blues and migrating stripers should be availble.   Right now the water is still very warm and only small bluefish around for the most part.

Hey Ray, It's Ron, Bikini bottom from Harbor View D-42 at the end.  Nice to see you on here. Did you move your boat since he is finally dredging? You running any charters for stripers in the back bay?

Ron, Got a slip for striper season in the lagoon next to the bait shop.   Been fishing mostly in the back bay where the water is cleaner and the fish can see our flies.  Water at the inlet and along the beach has been very brown with all the wind.   Mostly the smaller fish but a lot of fun on fly rods.