Topic: Advice from experienced vacationer needed

Hello to all - I'm looking for a quiet, private place for two, reasonable rate, for the second week of May in Cape May. We'd like to be moderately close to the nature/beach/birding area, but don't mind a little walking either. We've been looking at a number of properties online, but it's hard to assess without being more familiar with the area. Can anyone recommend a place as I've described? Thank you!

Re: Advice from experienced vacationer needed

Hi Diana,

My husband & I have stayed at a couple different places.  It depends on how long you're staying, do you want a kitchen?  We've stayed at mostly @ B&B's so breakfast was provided.

Let me know & I'll suggest where we've stay.  Very nice & great people.  You're going right before the prices go up which is what we do.

You can email me privately if you'd like.  gotriplescent@yahoo.com

Diana -

Cape May is a very walkable town so you don't have to worry about being very far from anything.  However, the best natural areas are outside of the town - a very easy bike ride away. Some of the areas you might want to visit: the Cape May Meadows, Cape May Point State Park, Higbee Beach. Check out the nature section of this site for more info.

http://www.capemaytimes.com/nature/home.htm

You can stay at a B&B (with breakfast provided),  a guest suite (does not serve breakfast), a motel or a vacation rental.

Since everything is so accessible, I'd recommend that you focus on the type of lodging you want:

Stay at a B&B or hotel for the ambiance and if the idea of great breakfasts on site each morning appeals to you.
Stay at a guest suite or rental if you want a little more space and your own kitchen.
Stay at a motel if you just need one room with a kitchenette by the beach.

Have a wonderful time!

Are there any accommodations run by birders?  Thanks.

Hello All,

I have visited Cape May in the past, but only on 1 day tours, visiting the Victorian area.  I would like to stay next year in Cape May for a week or so and I have kids.  Any ideas of kids friendly areas?  Close to the beach?

Any comments would be great!

I think the entire town is friendly. Anyway, how old are the kids? What time of the year do you plan on coming down? Are you looking for a place to stay? That would be a good starting point.

> Dan the Man wrote:

> I think the entire town is friendly. Anyway, how old are the kids? What time of the year do you plan on coming down? Are you looking for a place to stay? That would be a good starting point.

The kids are 3 and 5 and we expect to come in July or August and yes, we are looking for a place to stay

check out the brand new seamist,  it is beachfront with an awesome location.  We can walk everywhere without moving car at all.  Great for kids with boardwalk two blocks away, and the seamist itself is private, intimate, and brand new.  Each unit has own oceanview deck. Everything is clean and new from hardwood floor throughout, granite and tile in kitchen and bathroom, modern stainless steel appliances, custom woodwork, giant flat screen TV (2)  why not stay at a bright shiny new condo for the same price as a hotel room.  Also, they have washers and dryers in the unit.  We cant wait to go back to stay there next year. The unit we stayed in included 5 top of the line beach chairs, umbrella, bikes, and a nice complimentary bottle of wine when u first checked in.   Some units are online for you to rent so it could work for your family. good luck

Last edited by seamist (2008-09-10 11:53:23)

There are numerous activities for the kids. For that age, I would look at the Nature Center, they have tremendous programs. My daughter and I still talk about the program we attended two years ago. Over by the harbour there are salt marsh safaris, a glass bottom boat, always fun. At the state park, the light house (199 steps) can be interesting for everyone. I had to piggy back my one daughter up and down. That was a workout! These are all prett close to town. Personally, I would try to stay close to the mall, sort of centally located. There are numerous places. Budget is a issue. The Camelot or Victorain are more reasonably priced than say, Congress Hall. There are also condos as Sea Mist advocates. Good luck! Let me know if you have other questions!

Is the normal rate to stay in condos in this area $1800 for a week???  What about the Capri Motor??  I prefer the condo and really like the Seamist is we can all be near one another.  What about Jackson Street The Tides???