Topic: Where to fish Thursday Oct 16?

I took the day off. Would like to try for Striper. Should I hit Poverty, Sunset, or the Point?

If I fish the Point, should I fish the Alexander Ave Jetty, or the Lighthouse area?

Re: Where to fish Thursday Oct 16?

Ever try Nummy Island or Stone Harbor Point?  Both are fishable from shore and they have been catching bass and small (7-16") blues.  Just heard the clam dunkers are catching up there and poppers work along the sodbanks.  Both the sandy point at the south end of Stone Harbor and Nummy can be fine fishing this time of year.  It's a beautiful area that frequently produces.  You should have waders and be careful along the edges of Nummy Island because the dropoff can be precipitous.  High tides can cover the island, except for the saltgrass.  Bass sometimes are right up in the edges of the grass.

Paul, where is Nummy Island? What is the best way to gain access?

It is the island between North Wildwood and Stone Harbor.   There is a bridge at Dad's Place North Wildwood or a bridge at the lower end of Stone Harbor.   There are lots of good areas to fish as the island is good size.

Poverty should start seeing some blues and striper action as the point should too.   Good Luck.

Ray, When you say the point, do you mean the lighthouse area, or the Alexander Ave Jetty?