Topic: Is the Seamist rebuilt?

We were in CM last June 2007 and it was down to the studs.  Have they rebuilt it yet, and is there a place to see pictures of it?  I will be there again in June and was just curious.

Thanks Carrie

Re: Is the Seamist rebuilt?

Hi Carrie, the seamist is very close to being finished. Right now, all the flooring and trim work is being done inside, and it will be painted (interior) starting end of March.  It is on schedule to be finished by June.  It will really be a nice property.  I purchased one of the units in there.  Let me know if u have any other questions.

Hey Seamist,

Are there any new photos of the Sea Mist renovations online? I'd love to see a current abcde of it. Last I saw, the cupola was being rebuilt, but the overall outside of the structure looked done. Is the exterior finished?

I noticed that when I was there over 4th of July, it still wasn't completely finished. Out of curiosity, has there been any progress made since the summer on that lovely building?

It is finished! Look at the current issue of Cape may magazine. There is an article about the rebuilding process and the details that went into the process.

As exciting as that would be to partake in, I unfortunately do not have access to that magazine since I live on the opposite side of Pennsylvania as from the PA/NJ border :-(. It's nice to hear, though, that such a lovely building is finally reconstructed in its entirety :-).

We subscribe to the magazine. Several local events (Lima Bean festival, Octoberfest, etc) have a subscription booth. It is also for sale at Atlantic Books (and other places, I assume) I would recommend it, the pictures and stories are great.