Topic: End of the fishing season for Tide Runner.

Did my last trips of the season this week.   Cold weather and strong winds but we were still able to catch stripers on plugs and the fly rod this week even with the water 45 to 47 degrees.   It was time to get ready for the Christmas Holiday Season so I pulled the boat and got it all cleaned up and put away for the winter.

Want to thank all the great people who fished with me this season and who found me through CapeMayTimes.   Hope you all had a great stay in Cape May and other shore areas and that you come back again as there so many things to see and do.   Living here you get spoiled rotten as there is so much to do all year round, plus the great fishing.

If you are a fisherman and get back here again, next year or in the years to come, we will save a few fish for you.

Everyone have a great Holiday Season with family and friends.

Capt. Ray Szulczewski Tide Runner------CapeMayRay

Re: End of the fishing season for Tide Runner.

Hi Captain Ray,
I just wanted to thank you for all the free advice and council the past year.
I am an avid fresh water fisherman who had not been surf fishing for more than twenty years
until this past year.
I had the pleasure of two trips to the Cape this year and now plan on making it down more frequently
in the coming years, god willing.
Your advise and tips were extremely helpful in getting me set up once again to fish the surf.
My bets wishes to you for a wonderful holiday season and a healthy and prosperous new year.
Thanks again,
Mark L.

Ray;
Thanks for your help and advice. It proved invaluable this summer and fall. With some luck, maybe I can get out on your boat next season.

Ray, my son and I can't thank you enough for the great trip we had with you this past summer.  Besides the fish cooperating, you were a great fishing partner and coach for my son.  You'll probably remember how tired my 6 year old son Brady was after hauling in 24 stripers that one evening.  He still is talking about that trip.  We'll be in touch before next summer for sure.  Have a great holiday season.

Phil Hawkins

Ray, I also thank you for the advice your suggestions worked on the fishing and I know it made me and my family catch more fish. Thanks

You are welcome.   I am Always glad to help others to catch, whether it is in a boat or off the beach.    It is another one of those unusual years.   Water is still fairly warm and we have not had the deep freezes like past years yet.   Most of the marinas are closed for the season but the few guys that are still fishing are have tremendous days catching stripers, from shorts to keeper size.   A couple of boats with 6 anglers have caught over 100 fish in 5 hours time on bucktails and rubber swim baits.  Almost makes me want to take the cover off the boat and go out and fish.   Should stay good till we get super cold weather.   Last year the fish stopped bitting mid December.    This year who knows how long it will last.  Must be the global warming thing.

Ray,

I am going to try some of the some of the weakfish fishing with the bobber off the Alexander Ave Jetty, that you recommended. When does that usually start? April?

Late April with May and early June the prime times.   Early you have a shot at stripers, and hickory shad as they all hit the worms.   It is just a matter of being there at the right spot at the right time.   Good Luck.