Topic: New to Cape MAy

I will be camping in Cape May area in July. I have never fished there before. I am asking for some help as to where to fish. Anyone willing? I can't do a charter. I am staying for a week while my daughter dances in wildwood and then we are off to Florida. Disney is expensive so I would need to fish on land.

Re: New to Cape MAy

If you want to fish during the day, then you can got to Sunset or Higbee Beaches or Alexander Ave jetty. At Poverty Beach and Cape May Point (Lighthouse), you can only fish when Lifeguards are off duty. That is early morning before 10am, and after 5 pm.

In July, you are mostly looking at Fluke, Croaker, Bluefish. I used a sliced salted Mackeral bait. They seem to tear that up. If you are going for Fluke, use those Fluke rigs with the shiny spinner with a piece of squid or a live Killie (minnow).

Vinnie gave you good advise.   From the beach you should be able to catch some fish and have some fun.

where will you be camping? I am down camping all season. When you are looking for fishing advice, this is a good resource.  I've done well with blues at Sunset and croakers at Higbee. Make sure to enjoy the beaches and the sunsets!