Topic: Late summer fishing

First I would like to thank everyone for posting such helpful information.  After a few days of going through these posts I feel like I have a pretty good handle on fishing in the Cape May area.  My gf has a vacation home there so naturally I will be using it to my full advantage.

Our next visit will be the last week of August.  Now I'm sure this isn't the primetime to be fishing in Cape May (or anywhere for that matter) but I would like to gather some info that would allow me the opportunity for some bonus points in showing her family how to catch something other than sand sharks.

Im an avid freshwater fisherman and we have already have the 8-9 foot spinning rods.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Late summer fishing

Fishing is a little slower during the heat of the summer.   I would try Cape May Point or along Higbees Beach.  Should be some fluke and croaker along there.   Either bait or Gulp on jig heads should work.   Also should be small blues around and they hit just about anything you offer them.

Re: Late summer fishing

Thank you sir! Just in time! Will be heading out the door in a few hours.  I will check back and let you know how it went.  Rest assure I will be contacting you in the future for a charter or two.

Thanks