Topic: Weather Gods Not Treating Us Too Well

We seem to go from high winds to higher northeast winds and rain with flooding tides this week.   Even the most diehard fishermen have enough sense to stay out of the weather.   Haven't had a day to go out since last weekend and mother nature is wiping out this weekend.    Will all the wind the water is really pretty brown.  Sooner or later we have to get some nice weather and conditions to fish.    It is too early for cabin fever!

Re: Weather Gods Not Treating Us Too Well

I went out for about an hour Sunday morning, around dawn. It was insane! When I left, it was windy, but only a small amount of rain. I got to the beach, I tried to go off of Alexander Ave in the Point, terrible. Absolutle nuts. The rain and wind picked up to amazing volumes. I thought I was going to get blown in. After my glasses got blown off twice, I called it a day. I was the only nut I saw, I looked around at different spots.  It has got to get better!

It was bad.  I haven't been out in over a week.   Took a look at the water and there was a lot of junk in it and it was very dirty.   Super  high and low tides with the new moon are not helping.   Hope to get out this week and see if things have changed for the better as the action was slow before the storm.

will be fishing from beach at stone harbor point this weekend.  figure i will cast into deeper part with clams but am open to any suggestions anyone might have.  stripers are target.  oh, and will have sage 9 wt along with me.

I fish the Nummy Island area once in a while on foot.   Lures and popping plugs work well.   On fly rod clousers and baitfish patterns on intermediate line work good.    Good luck, I hope you catch at the weather, wind wise is going to be tough.

Still may be a while before migrating striper hit our area in any numbers.