Topic: Family And I Are Coming June 26th-July 3rd Need Advice

Hello there everyone!  Last year my wife and I, along with our son and the in-laws, came down to spend a week in Wildwood.  Well it turned out we only spent two days in Wildwood and the rest in Cape May.  We fell in love with this town and had to come back again this year!  This time around we're staying right on Sunset so we're close to the Point and Sunset Beach!

Last year we surf fished off of Sunset Beach and all we caught were two small Sand Sharks.  We were using pyramid sinkers with squid and rubber worms as bait.  (That's what the local bait shop recommended)  Before last year we had only ever fished lakes and rivers so we're really very green to ocean fishing.  I hope that some of you old salts could offer some more bait selections, fishing locations, and various surf fishing tips and tricks that might give us a more successful time in the water.

Since my brother-in-law is coming with us this year we're considering getting a charter boat and heading out to sea to try and land some big fish.  What's really hitting during our stay and do you think it's a good time to go offshore fishing? 

Thanks to everyone for their time and in advance for your assistance!

Re: Family And I Are Coming June 26th-July 3rd Need Advice

The best source of info is Cape May Ray. You should also try to look back at post from last year for some additional information.  Keep in mind that as the water gets to warm, this fishing slows down. What time of day were you going? What tackle shop did you go to? (Jim's as you enter Cape May, is very popular) Early morning and evening are best (low light, cooler) If you want to charter a boat, again, Cape May Ray is very highly thought of on this forum.

Last year we went to the place right near Lucky Bones and the one on NJ Ave. in Wildwood.  Their names elude me.  We're there all week so we can go anytime of day, whichever you think is best.  So early morning and evening.  What kind of fish are really biting while surf fishing and offshore while we're there?  Thanks again Dan you're very helpful!

You didn't say when you where going to be down.   Time of the year could make a big difference on where and when you would want to fish.

Family And I Are Coming June 26th-July 3rd Need Advice

I put it in the title of my post =P