Topic: The Grand Hotel

Does anyone have an opinion about this hotel?  I am planning a 2007 wedding, and was considering them as a reception location because of the size and because my out-of-town guests can stay at the hotel for a reasonable price.  However, I have read some not-so-good reviews about them online.

All opinions are welcome!  Thank you!

Re: The Grand Hotel

check out the V irginia hotel on Jackson St. It is lovely. Great hotel for a reception. As far as your guest Summer Station is a great place to stay.  It is a condotel located on Beach Dr. not far from uncle Bill's restaurant.

Re: The Grand Hotel

The Grand Hotel is a good hotel, but it's food and service are buffet type, if you know what I mean.  If your planning a buffet type reception, its as good as or better than any around.  If you are looking for more of a sit down type reception, you might want to look at Congress Hall.  I know they do a nice job, and the food is excellent.  Its only about a half a mile away, also on the ocean, so you guests could even staff at the Grand and attend the reception at Congress Hall.  Don't forget the horse drawn carriages for your wedding, weather permitting.  Good luck!  -Ed-